The Repair Factory is a growing IT support company located in Nelson, BC. Our beautiful city on the Kootenay Lake is also home to the best powder and backcountry in Canada with Whitewater Ski Resort just 10 minutes from town. Choosing The Repair Factory is choosing a lifestyle change.
Our team is built from people who lived in the urban jungle and have left it all behind for a better life. We are tasked to handle problems big and small and we are looking for great people to push us further.
Common User Tasks
- Windows malware cleanup and AV deployment (we are a Sophos partner).
- Hardware troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Support with Office applications.
Common Admin Tasks
- VMware and Hyper-V deployments.
- Windows infrastructure deployments.
- Back and restoration validation for corporate clients.
- Monitoring and validation of service tests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows, Mac and occasionally Linux) and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fix with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install, configure, and upgrade different types of IT hardware and software.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- To create, maintain, and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff/students in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable them to become more self-sufficient.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
- To attend training courses as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
- To actively support equality and diversity policies of The Repair Factory.
- Working within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the postholder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training commensurate with the level required by the post and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English language and mathematics.
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service best practice with previous experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritize your workload without supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V2) Customer Service Qualification. ECDL (or equivalent).
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Encryption Software (e.g. Truecrypt, BitLocker).
- Previous experience of working with students or within an educational environment.