The Repair Factory is a growing IT support company located in Nelson, BC. Our beautiful city on the Kootenay Lake is also home to the best powder and backcountry in Canada with Whitewater Ski Resort just 10 minutes from town. Choosing The Repair Factory is choosing a lifestyle change.
Our team is built from people who lived in the urban jungle and have left it all behind for a better life. We are tasked to handle problems big and small and we are looking for great people to push us further.
- Diagnosis, troubleshoot and repair mobile devices.
- Glass only replacement on Samsung and iPads
- Repair logic board issues from water damage.
- Microscopic Board work; component replacement
- Hand-solder SMT components,
- remove and replace thru-hole comp without board damage,
- solder wires and cables,
- identify assembly and documents issues.
- Data recovery
- Tutoring, troubleshooting and sharing knowledge with fellow team members
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mobile devices.
- Quality control and testing of repaired devices to ensure full functionality. Resolve/manage customer inquiries.
- Provide estimates and quotes.
- Maintain and use repair tools and equipment. Including software and in-store POS system to track repair tickets and inventory.
- Strategically plan the order of operations to ensure a successful repair.
- Communicate complex repairs to customers in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ensure customers have a positive experience through the repair process.
- Ability to multi-task between repairs and customer service.
- Able to interact positively with customers at the storefront and over the phone.
- Other related duties as required.
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English language and mathematics.
- Previous experience of working in a Repair Technician role.
- Ability to repair a variety of mobile devices (i.e., iPhone, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony, Huawei and OnePlus phone, and iPads.)
- Knowledge of mobile devices including manufacturers, operating systems, and network service providers.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service best practice with previous experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritize your workload without supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s.
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V2) Customer Service Qualification. ECDL (or equivalent)
- Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) Certification (2017)
- Experience with the following:
- Microscopic Electronics Board Experience